1 min read
Lemon Protein Blueberry Muffins
Time: 35min, Serves: 12
Everyone loves a good muffin, especially when they are lemon and blueberry. This recipe takes a traditional muffin and flips it into something healthy and guilt free! Packed with protein, gluten free and keto friendly, it’s ok to have seconds..
- 2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Serving Clean Lean Protein Just Natural
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 60g Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 2 Tblsp. Preserved Lemon (just the rind, rinsed)
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 30ml Milk (of choice)
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. Xylitol
1. Wisk the Eggs, Coconut Oil and Xylitol together.
2. Combine the Almond Flour, Clean Lean Protein and Baking Powder and add to the Egg mixture.
3. Add the preserved Lemon, Lemon Juice and Milk and mix well.
4. Lastly, add the blueberries and fold in gently.
5. Pour into greased muffin tray and bake at 180C (170C Fan Bake) for 20mins.
6. Place the Juice of 2 Lemons and Xylitol in a pot.
7. Bring to a simmer and reduce slightly.
Once the muffins are baked, remove from the oven, and drizzle the syrup topping over each muffin and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Kerry Locatelli