1 min read
Vegan Linzer Cookies
Digital Spirit Collaborator
2 cups flour
50 g ground almonds
3/4 cup plant-based butter of choice
½ cup sugar
A pinch of salt
If needed: cold water
150g raspberry jam
½ cup icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven up to 180°C/356°F.
2. Combine flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
3. Add diced cold plant-based butter on top. Start kneading with cold hands.
4. Knead until a smooth dough forms. If needed, add cold water.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out circles until there is no more dough remaining. Use a smaller cutter to make a hole in the centre of half of your circles (these will be the top of the cookies when decorated). Place the cookies on lined baking trays.
7. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before decorating.
8. To decorate, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry jam the centre of each solid circle. Top with a ring and sprinkle the cookies with icing sugar. Enjoy!