RECIPE: Nut-Butter Muffin
Vegan friendly, Gluten free option, Dairy free
For the cupcake:
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup tapioca four
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 chia eggs
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
For the icing:
- 1 serve Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
- 1 cup nut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1-2tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup, to taste
- dash of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Place all of the ingredients for the cupcake into a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cases and place in the oven to cook for or until golden brown.
- While the muffins are cooking, prepare the icing. Add the nut butter, protein, cinnamon and dash of milk to a small bowl. Mix with a spoon, adding more milk to the mixture until you achieve your desired icing consistency. Taste and sweeten with maple syrup, mixing again to combine.
- Once cooked, remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature on the bench.
- Once the muffins are completely cool, top with icing and your choice of berries and chocolate.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Recipe by Danika Choy