SUMMER LEMON TARTS
Makes 24 mini tarts
- 1/2 packed cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
- 1 cup coconut flour (or almond meal)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, melted
- Juice of 1 large lemon (~1/4 cup)
- 1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- Pinch of turmeric
- chopped nuts and desiccated coconut
- Mash dates with a fork to form a paste, then combine together with coconut flour, lemon juice and rice malt syrup to form a sticky dough.
- Press base dough onto base of silicone mini muffin mould. Pop into the freezer while making the fillings.
- Mix together filling ingredients until smooth, pour on top of the base then top with desired toppings.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until set. Serve cold.
Recipe by: Candy Luk @nourishandflourishsyd