Mac 'N' Cheeze
Mac 'N' Cheeze, but healthy! This bowl of goodness, is truly a healthy take on the famous comfort food!
SERVES: 2, TIME: 25 min
- 1 cup Macaroni (or gluten free pasta alternative)
- 2.5 cups soymilk or other unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 serve of Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions.
- In a separate medium-sized pot, stir your soymilk over a low heat slowly whisking in the nutritional yeast, onion powder, dill, white miso paste, tamari, ground paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Once combined, slowly add the protein and whisk continuously to ensure the mixture doesn’t get clumpy.
- Whisk over a low heat for a further 2 minutes until combined and smooth – do not let it boil!
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour your pasta into the pot of cheeze sauce and mix until combined. Allow the pasta to sit over a low heat for a further 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken further.
- Serve with a grating of plant-based parmesan and some paprika, or fresh cracked pepper and chopped parsley. Buon appetito!