1 min read
Healthy Green Pasta Sauce
2 cups firmly packed rocket
¼ cup roughly chopped basil leaves
¼ cup pine nuts
1 serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1-2 cloves roasted garlic
4 serves of zucchini pasta
8 cherry tomatoes, diced
1 bunch asparagus, lightly steamed
Flaxseed or cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
A pesto-like sauce that can be enjoyed cold and raw over zucchini noodles, or heated and served with any pasta you prefer. Packed with veggies and protein, it makes a tasty and well-balanced meal.
1. To make zucchini pasta:Use a vegetable peeler to peel strips off zucchini in the desired thickness.
2. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and drizzle with olive oil to ensure it doesn't stick. Set aside.
3. Roughly chop zucchini and half the rocket.
4. Place in a blender with basil leaves, pine nuts, Clean Lean Protein, garlic and sufficient oil to blend to sauce consistency. Season if necessary.
5. At this point you can either heat sauce (providing you used olive oil not flaxseed); or serve cold and raw.
6. Stir through the pasta and serve with asparagus and diced tomato on top.
*Can also be served with grilled fish or chicken