1 min read
QUICK CHICKPEA BOLOGNESE
Time: 15 min Serves: 4
This super quick Bolognese recipe is perfect to cook with the kids, it tastes like a regular Bolognese and it involves a few hidden veggies too!
- 1½ cups diced red onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and chopped (1½ cups)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into small dices
- 1 cup mushrooms (any kind you like), diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (1½ cups)
- 1 can tomato sauce (1½ cups)
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Sea salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice penne or fusilli pasta (or any other whole-grain pasta)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, add the red onions, garlic, chickpeas, carrots, and a dash of salt. Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed, to keep vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, and parsley. Sauté for 2 more minutes, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Mix the pasta and as much of the sauce as you like. Enjoy!