1 min read
GRIDDLED ICEBERG AND PRAWN SALAD
Time: 30 min Serves: 4
A delicious summer salad perfect for lunch or as a barbecue dish in summer.
- 150g quick cook seven grains (or any mixed grains you prefer)
- 2 iceberg lettuces, cut into eighths, washed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 165g raw peeled king prawns
- 5 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 75g fresh coriander
- 50g flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Soak 4 wooden skewers for 10 mins. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a food processor, finely chop the coriander and parsley. Add the other ingredients, seasoning and 2-3 tsp water to loosen, and whizz until well combined. Set aside.
- Cook the grains following the pack instructions. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the lettuce wedges with 1 tbsp oil; season. Heat a griddle pan and cook a few wedges at a time for 2-3 mins, turning halfway, until char lines appear. Remove; set aside.
- Toss the prawns with 1 tbsp oil, then thread onto the skewers. Heat the griddle until hot and cook the prawn skewers for 2 mins, or until pink. Turn and cook for 1 min, or until cooked through.
- Divide the radishes, grains, lettuce and prawns between 4 plates. Drizzle over half the sauce and serve the rest in a bowl alongside.