Raw Tomato Pasta Sauce with Zucchini 'Pasta'
Turn a classic pasta dish into a nutrient-rich, high protein, vegan feast. This dish can be served cold and raw, or heated if you prefer. The pasta is made from zucchini and the sauce packed with protein!
1 punnet or cherry tomatoes
¼ cup loosely packed basil leaves
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
1 serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
½ clove garlic, finely grated
2-3 medium zucchini
Pinch of sea salt
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into desired sized ribbons and continue peeling until you reach the centre seeds (the centre is a little bitter, so you can discard this part)
2. Sprinkle salt and olive oil over zucchini and gently massage into noodles and set aside in a bowl.
3. Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender to desired consistency. Pulse or use a low setting so you can control the consistency a little easier. The olives and sun dried tomatoes should add salt to the sauce, but taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
4. Simply serve noodles topped with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
5. Leftover sauce can be stored in fridge for about 5 days.
Sauce can be used on pizza, as a dip or on regular pasta.