1 min read
Raw Tomato Pasta Sauce with Zucchini 'Pasta'
1 punnet or cherry tomatoes
¼ cup loosely packed basil leaves
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
1 serve Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
½ clove garlic, finely grated
2-3 medium zucchini
Pinch of sea salt
Turn a classic pasta dish into a nutrient-rich, high protein, vegan feast. This dish can be served cold and raw, or heated if you prefer. The pasta is made from zucchini and the sauce packed with protein!
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into desired sized ribbons and continue peeling until you reach the centre seeds (the centre is a little bitter, so you can discard this part)
2. Sprinkle salt and olive oil over zucchini and gently massage into noodles and set aside in a bowl.
3. Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender to desired consistency. Pulse or use a low setting so you can control the consistency a little easier. The olives and sun dried tomatoes should add salt to the sauce, but taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
4. Simply serve noodles topped with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
5. Leftover sauce can be stored in fridge for about 5 days.
Sauce can be used on pizza, as a dip or on regular pasta.